Citizens of Routt County-
Garrett Wiggins is running for re-election this November and needs your help.
Wiggins is facing an opponent who advocates “change,” but the change she will bring is not the kind we want.
In Garrett’s nearly eight years as your Routt County Sheriff, he has proven his leadership and transparency to the citizens of Routt County and made the community we love to call home even safer.
“Garrett Wiggins has earned a reputation for his character, integrity, and hard work. From my years working with Sheriff Wiggins, I am truly impressed with how committed he is to serving citizens and visitors of Routt County. You will be well served by re-electing Garrett as your Sheriff in 2018.“ -Sheriff Justin Smith, Larimer County
Under Garrett’s leadership, since 2011 the Routt County Sheriff’s office has:
- Made school safety a top priority and is advocating for armed marshalls in Routt County’s 11 schools,
- Emphasized law enforcement officer safety and training programs,
- Fought opioid abuse by adopting a version of the Police Assisted Addiction and Recovery Initiative (PAARI) (Routt County was one of the first police agencies to do this),
- Participated in and/or led the design of the first law enforcement training facility in Routt County, as well as the Combined Law Enforcement Facility (CLEF).
- Been active in combating sexual assault as an active member of the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART),
- Focused on reducing recidivism through GED programs, AA, NA, bible studies and more.
If elected for his third term, Garrett vows to keep school safety, law enforcement officer safety, combating opioid abuse and sexual assault, and continuing to reduce recidivism at the top of his list of priorities.
Garrett is dedicated to the safety and well-being of every citizen in Routt County and needs your help to win this November.
Would you like to display a yard sign? Let us know here!
Let’s keep Routt County safe and re-elect Garrett this fall! Spread the word.
Wiggins for Sheriff